Wood Place Library has a variety of materials, resources and programs for our adult patrons.
Winter Read Program a Big Hit!
For the past 6 years, our adult patrons have participated in a reading reward program during the months of January and February that culminates in a drawing for a variety of prizes. For each book, ebook, or audio cd from this library that they read or listened to during that 2 month period, they filled out a chance to win. Our winners know that "Reading is 'Snow' much Fun" Remember, ALL readers are winners!
Print Collection: Our collection of adult fiction features best sellers and popular authors. There is a wide range of Reference and Non-Fiction titles for research or special interests. We also have a large print collection for those who find that format easier to read.
- Latham Family Award Winning Book Collection: This collection is funded by the Latham family in memory of Dr. and Mrs. Kenyon Latham. It includes books from the following awards: Aventis, Caldecott, Edgars, National, Newberry, Nobel & Pulitzer. There are books for young children and youth, as well as many books for adults - quality fiction, poetry, biography, science, history and more!
- Media Collections: Our collection includes audio books in CD format and movies in DVD and VHS tape formats.
Programming for Adults:
Clubs: The library has several groups that meet regularly to share common interests.
- The Book Club is not currently active.
- Wood Place Bookworm Sewers & Quilters: Groups meet in Heyssel Hall
- Quilters meet 10-4 on Tuesdays. This group starts a new quilt top quarterly.
- Sewers meet 6-8 pm Tuesday evenings. Join this group to sew a variety of projects of your choice with assistance from group leader, Sandy Schaeffer. Equipment needed: sewing machine & fabrics.