Wood Place Library offers many services for our patrons and the community. If you don’t find the answer to your question below, feel free to call the library @ 573-796-2642 and ask!
Copier: A copier is available for public use. The fee is 25¢ per page for black & white printing; $1.00 per page for color printing.
Fax Machine: Library staff will be happy to send your fax for $1 a page.
Public Access Computers: The library has 14 public access computers for patrons to use. They are equipped with Microsoft Office Suite and high speed internet service. All computers are connected to a printer which can print black & white or color pages. There is a charge of 25¢/page for B & W printing and $1.00/page for color printing. A daily guest computer pass is available for $1/day for non-patrons who live outside Moniteau County.
WiFi Connection: You are welcome to visit the library with your laptop and use our wi-fi connection free of charge.
Test Proctoring: We offer free test proctoring services for those taking online college courses. Arrangements must be made in advance by calling Connie. For more information, please call the library.
Meeting Rooms: Rent the spacious rooms on the second floor for your next business meeting or special event. An elevator is available for public use.
- Heyssel Hall, a large meeting room that accommodates up to 75 people, has tables and chairs, with a kitchenette and serving counter. Restrooms are available nearby.
- Bolinger Conference Room, a classroom sized room that can accommodate 20 to 35 people, has tables and chairs. Restrooms are available nearby.
Rentals for non-profit groups are: up to 4 hours, $10; full-day, $20.
For-profit organizations or individuals rates are: up to 4 hours, $25; full-day, $50.
A refundable key deposit of $50.00 is required if scheduling an event during non-library hours.
To reserve a room or for more information, call 573-796-2642.
More detailed information is found on the Meeting Room Policy & Reservation Form
Clubs: The library has several groups that meet regularly to share common interests. Click on the “Adult” tab on the left for other programming available.
The Book Club is not currently active. We hope to revive it when a new tax levy is passed.
Wood Place Bookworm Sewers & Quilters: Groups meet in Heyssel Hall
- Quilters meet 10-4 on Tuesdays. Bring your machine and work on a group project or your own project. Kathy Shoemaker is the leader of the group.
- Sewers meet 6-8 pm Tuesday evenings. Join this group to sew a variety of projects of your choice with assistance from the group members if needed. Equipment needed for both groups: sewing machine & fabrics. Heyssel Hall
- Programming for Children, Tweens and Teens: During our limited hours, we are unable to host the many programs we used to be able to do. Please click on the appropriate tab on the left for complete information and watch the home page for any announcements of special events.
High School Equivalency formerly known as GED (General Education Diploma) The library is no longer hosting HSE classes. For more information on the High School Equivalency classes in other areas, call Adult Education & Literacy Office in Jefferson City @ 573-659-3122.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are held in the Library on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. during the school year. Rosetta Stone language software is used in these classes. Kathy Burns and Paulette Fischer are the instructors. To enroll or for more information, you can contact Kathy at 796-3484 at home or 573-569-1645 (cell).